The Top Ten Most Ridiculous Lawsuits of 2012 are:
- Intoxicated Florida driver pleads guilty to manslaughter, then sues victim he killed
- Michigan woman files $5 million suit for the leftover gas still in her repossessed car
- 13-year-old Little Leaguer sued by spectator who got hit with baseball
- Maximum security inmate who went to jail with five teeth sues prison for dental problems
- Anheuser Busch sued when long neck bottle used as weapon in bar fight
Click here for the rest of the list.
Tort reform which fines lawyers and plaintiffs who file nonsensical suits would go a long way in the fight to lower cost not only in the health industry but also in other industries like the auto insurance industry. By fining these individuals for clogging our courts with petty lawsuits and driving up costs, we may be able to prevent this type of garbage and the cases that are legitimate can actually get through the system instead of taking months or even years to be heard.
This type of tort reform is what is needed!